JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for setting up and operating the CNC Horizontal Mill with Fanuc controls per Company planning and customer blueprints. Produce quality parts in an efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may also be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished parts, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Set pallet and parts up in machine for machining parts to print.
- Measures, marks dimensions and reference points on material for subsequent machining.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors.
- Responsible for machining parts for the equipment according to production schedule.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Edit machine program to meet part specifications.
- Inspect parts to ensure they meet the required tolerance on the blueprint.
- Other duties as required.
- Lift test required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to read blueprints and calculate dimensions and tolerances.
- CNC Mill experience.
- Hilo experience.