JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for setting up and operating CNC machines per Company planning and customer blueprints. Produce quality parts in an efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may also be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan programs to control machining of metal parts by automatic machine tools.
- Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to determine parts dimensions and cut configurations.
- Determine type and size of cutting tool according to metal stock hardness and cut shape.
- Locates position of metal stock on machine fixture, machining start point on tool set point, and cutter change points by 3-dimensional coordinates.
- Maintains existing CNC programs for standardization and maximum efficiency (cycle time reduction, etc). Utilizes feedback from shop floor personnel to optimize machining processes.
- Troubleshoots machining problems.
- Inspect work produced using various instruments to verify conformance to specifications.
- Lift test required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- At least five years of machine shop experience with experience running different types of CNC machines
- Ability to read blueprints and calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Generate CNC program from blueprints, model, etc.
- Competency in solid modeling and CNC programming
- Hilo experience