JOB DESCRIPTION: Works under guidance of Mechanical Engineering Manager and department engineers and designers. Has basic knowledge and skills in the machine detailing, BOM structure, and BOM entry for the company. Applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks. Exercises judgment on details of work and in application of standard methods for basic mechanical designs and detailing. Performs basic design tasks assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may also be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Member of a team developing coil handling and feeding systems
- Works with guidance of Mechanical Engineering Manager
- Works closely with Mechanical Engineers to complete assigned work
- Mechanical design and detailing using SolidWorks solid modeling software
- Create drawings, Bill of Materials, and manufacturing process documentation
- Perform entry of Bill of Materials in COESCO engineering and production system
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- High school diploma required
- Associates Degree in Engineering field preferred
- Prior experience in mechanical design and detailing required
- 3-5 years in design and development of industrial machinery
- Knowledge of mechanical drafting standards
- Experience in using Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Outlook